Nuffnang

1/15/2006

A Day in Tabora

I spent around 6 hours in Divisoria today. It was fun, exhausting, irritating, and disgusting all at the same time. Let us first go back to the night before.

I went home at 4:15 a.m. Saturday morning, I spent hours talking to my colleagues (no Ruy I wasn't partying, I didn't even sip wine) . I love being surrounded by smart people, it's addictive. Anyway that's not my story! I went home at 4:15, collapsed on the sofa and fell asleep immediately.

I woke up at 6 in the morning to my aunt asking me "What time will Ruy pick us up?"...WHAT? Why is he picking us up? Where are we going? AFter only an hour long sleep my brain cells weren't functioning yet, I was dazed and confused and I didn't understand what was going on.

Apparently she asked me to go with her to Divisoria and I promised her I would (this happened around 3 weeks ago), I also told her I'd ask Ruy to come with us as I don't feel very safe in that area. I completely forgot about this conversation and I didn't realize that that day was today. Needless to say, I wasn't ready, I only had 300 in my wallet, I haven't slept and Ruy had no idea about this entire thing.

I called Ruy up at 6 in the morning to ask him where Divisoria was in relation to 168. No, I didn't ask him to go with us as I'm not that evil. We found out, I showered quickly and got dressed. I drove us to the nearest LRT station, parked my car, rode the train, rode the jeepney and walked a LOOOOOONG and muddy road to divisoria mall.

The road to Divisoria mall is called TABORA. I have heard of this street from a lot of w@wies, apparently this is a place where people buy stuff for D.I.Y.'s. I can totally understand why, angel wings, butterfly wings, boxes, bottles, ribbons, you name it they probably have it. It was quite amazing, I almost enjoyed myself really.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not a snob, I'm just slightly claustrophobic and slightly psychotic about dirt and crowds. I don't like being pushed around by sweaty people, I don't like being stepped on by people wearing muddy slippers. Several times today I almost wanted to give up. I wanted to tell my aunt "How much will you be saving from buying here? I'll pay the difference, let's just leave!". But I couldn't...

I began enjoying myself when I saw something my sister bought in a posh shop here in QC, it costs 700 pesos and my sister adored it. I got the EXACT SAME THING for 50 pesos in TABORA. My God, isn't that crazy? I'm incorporating it into the centerpiece and I'm soooo happy. What made me even happier was the fact that I gave another one to my sister and I told her "Happy Birthday!" and she was jumping up and down. I kinda feel guilty, the wrapper of my last birthday gift to her costs more than that thing. =(...the important thing is that she liked it sooo much.

Going back, I think I MIGHT just drag Ruy into this place yet again. I bought samples of all the things we could use and took pictures of other things. I also got the contact number of the people I talked to. Hopefully we can get the things we need without having to go back. As much as I hate the place, the 650 peso price difference is taunting me to go back.

(We went home at around 1:30, I missed my first belly dancing lesson...uuuugggh!)

No comments:

Nuffnang

Holler


Disclosure Agreement

Home & Living - Top Blogs Philippines