Nuffnang

7/17/2006

POVERTY

This is the state I'm in right now. My doctor just recommended that I take a medicine which costs 123 pesos each. Right now I'll be taking it once a day and the frequency might increase if it still doesn't work. WOW....so right now, my monthly medication costs 5000 pesos. That's quite a lot!

So, I'll spend 5k on medicines, 10k on the wedding, 6k on my car, 4k on gasoline, 2,500 on parking, 1,500 on mobile phone bills. That's 29,500 a month just on my basic expenses. Now that I have done the computation, I realized that I should still have quite a lot left for other things in THEORY, but somehow in practice it seems that my salary disappears as soon as I pay everything off.

My family keeps on saying "You're earning so much, I don't understand why you're being so stingy. You should have hundreds of thousands of savings right now" ...I wanted to tell them "EXCUUUUUUUSE ME! Who forced me to buy a new car?", I was perfectly happy with my beat up car, but noooooh, they had to scare me into buying a new car. And then now I'm the bad guy?

I was thinking about where my money has been going in the past. I realized that it's been going to medical tests, medical check-ups, car repair and weekends. Obviously the first three cannot be scrimped on, I realized that the only way for me to be able to save some more is to have less extravagant weekends. That's easy enough to do. I just hope I wouldn't have to bail out of the SAGADA TRIP in August. I'm really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Nuffnang

Holler


Disclosure Agreement

Home & Living - Top Blogs Philippines