Nuffnang

3/12/2006

DESPERATEly learning to be a HOUSEWIFE

Hi my name is Olivia and I am a spoiled brat. Yes, it's my first time to admit it in public eventhough I'm sure people already know. I am indeed a brat. Everything came easily for me, I had basically enough or often times more than enough without even breaking a sweat. I don't think I've ever gone through life without at least one maid. I get pissed when I don't have a good breakfast served for me, I get irritated when there's something missing from our pantry. I could go on and on about how big a brat I am or rather was, but I wouldn't. The point of this entry is not how much of a brat I am but how I'm trying to be less of a brat. NAKS!

I prepared for tomorrow's picnic!! All me...no maids!! I did the shopping, the chopping, the boiling, the peeling, the squeezing, the stirring...EVERYTHING. Okay, everything except the cleaning. I cleaned 80% of the mess...the melted chocolate on the pot was just too difficult for me. But basically preparing and cooking and cleaning wasn't so hard after all, it was quite enjoyable actually.

It made me realize that I'd rather not have a maid during our first few months of marriage. I'd like to give that a try. The important thing about this though is that I'm not getting a maid because I don't want to, it's my choice. That's why I'm fine with it, but if there comes a time when we don't have a maid because we can't afford it...ohlala, I swear I'd throw a tantrum.

-- 0 --

I went to Santi's this morning. I bought cheeses (mascarpone, fresh mozarella, gorgonzola, feta, cheddar), hams, hungarian sausages, fresh mint leaves, dark chocolate, wine, etc. I had a blast! You know that this is one thing that scares me? Not being able to afford shopping in Santi's! I think it would be a disaster, on my part at least. I know, I know there are worse things in life. I'm not being reasonable or logical here, just honest. It's one thing not buying there cause you're saving for a house or something, it's another just plainly not having money at all. I am working so hard to avoid having to be in this position. Scary!

No comments:

Nuffnang

Holler


Disclosure Agreement

Home & Living - Top Blogs Philippines